Thursday, March 11, 2010

Surgery!!!

This is Rusty just before going into surgery on Tuesday, March 9th.
On Saturday, we drove down to Mesquite so that Rusty could practice riding his Motorcycle around their race track. Well we got down there around 11:00, Rusty got to go out three times, only getting to go around the track two or three times each. His last time out he was on his fourth lap, and I was timing him and I looked down the rythm section and I thought, "Wow, he's going pretty fast." Then his bike kind of did a Wheelie through the last jump and by this time I am thinking, "Um, maybe this is not so good! That didn't look to pretty!" And then.......
.....Right in front of me comes Rusty flying off the track!
I first thought, well it really didn't look too bad, but Rusty wasn't getting up, and some other woman was running into the track area to check on him, so I thought "Oh No, I am going to take care of my own husband...(though it was nice of her to help)." Some other kids rode over there and picked up his bike for him, which was nice since I am almost 8 months prego and know that I could have never gotten it up.
Well We finally got him on his feet, and the fist thing his says, is "Babe, look at the Pipe on my bike!" and the next thing he said was "Are you mad at me?" Ha,,,I could care less about the bike as long as my husband is still breathing to help me take care of this little bundle of joy of ours!
He started to play with his bike (the pipe was pinched in half, and the back fender is broken) and he said "I think that something is broke in my wrist. So at 12:30 we loaded up, I drove to St. George ER, and sure enough he had broken his Naviculour (???spelling???) bone. They put on a temporary cast and said that we needed to see a bone specialist. On Monday his mom and dad took him over and the doc said that he would need a permanant screw in his bone since it is in the joint, and the joint bones have no blood in them to heal them.
We were supposed to go in for surgery on Friday, but his doc called us at home on Monday night and said that he would not be in on Friday so we could either do it the next day, or the next week. Well it was done on the next day. He was in surgury for just a little over an hour. Everything went great, but the poor chap was in a TON of pain the first 24 hours. He says that it still hurts, but it is gradually getting less painful.
Well if I can take anything positive from this it would be that Rusty is not thinking about racing his motorcycle anymore...And I am so glad, so that he can just be a safe and sound daddy!

5 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

OH Man! I hope he's feeling better. Send him our wishes to get well!

Candace said...

Crazy husbands!! :) Kyle used to ride dirt bikes as well but blew out his knee so he no longer rides...and I secretly thought the exact same thing, thank goodness no more worrying about them getting hurt! I hope he feels better soon.

Jacqueline said...

Oh my craziness! I'm pretty sure I would've had a heart attack!! Tell Rusty to get feeling better. :)

Kyle and Janell said...

Those are some sweet socks! Did they let Rusty keep them?

*Kelly Dawn* said...

I so glad he's okay! Sounds like it could have been much worse though so you are truely blessed.

And I'm not sure if you knew that I had a blog. Just in case, mine is http://myrosepatch.blogspot.com