Saturday, March 21, 2009

HoneyMooners!
















So this coming Wednesday, March 25, 2009, will be our 4 Year Anniversary. I can't believe it has been that long ago, and yet sometimes it feels like I have known Rusty for my whole life. He is such a great husband, he will even do the dishes when I have been working all week and I let them pile up. I found these pictures of our "Real Honeymoon" which we ended up taking in the summer of 2005. We went up to the ranch that I lived on in Montana for about five days, then we went to Yellowstone and came home the long way, and I guess that I should really tell the whole story. Well for our honeymoon right after we got married, we just decided to go stay at Anniversary Inn for two nights, because we both were still in school and didn't want to take a long break. So when we headed up to Salt Lake and went to check into the Inn, we were to early and they wouldn't give us the room. So we were like what should we do? We decided to just go for a drive up the canyon and ended up finding the Heritage Center, and across the street was the Hoogle Zoo. Now don't laugh, we went and walked around the Hoogle Zoo, and we actually had quite a fun time just fiddle fartin' around. Well that's the funny story for that honey moon.



Now for the story in Montana. Well we decided to take Rusty's cousin and his new wife at the time with us. Cole and Janice took the 16 hour journey with us in our Passatt. Well when we got there, I thought that somebody would be out of the Ranch in Lovell, Wyoming and would be able to take us on the dirt rode into the ranch, but nobody was and so we did the journey in the car. Luckily we didn't get stuck or four flat tires and made it. Well we got to stay in this Awesome Log Home all to ourselves (thanks to Lisa). Ok, here comes the funny story. So we went on a ride just Cole, Rusty, Janice and I.
We decided to ride out on our own, since I new where everything was and most of the trails were. The ranchers had asked us to go a specific way though so that we could push some cows out of some pastures, back into where they were supposed to go. Well they put me on a horse named Buck, no not because he bucks, but because he is a buckskin. We were almost done with our ride and was heading back to the ranch through a canyon. Janice and Cole were ahead of us, and so I looked at Rusty and I said "Ya want ta race" (just like that, the hick accent and all). So we kick our horses into a lope and mine goes to hogging his head, I can't say bucking because pathetically he wasn't. But I lost my right foot stirrup and the horse hogged some more and turned to the left and I fell of like a sack of fat potatoes and landed right on the back of my head and lower neck. (Rusty says that he didn't turn, but he had to of, and so I am sticking to my story). Well needless to say, it was really quite pathetic, and I got a really bad concussion from it and had to lay in bed the rest of the day and only threw up like three times. Well that's my Fun HoneyMooner stories, and I will update what we do for our Anniversary next week after we go and have some more fun and probably another "Laugh at Trista" Moment...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That was cool story Tweet. Hopes you and Rusty have a fun get-a-way! We miss ya.

Unknown said...

Sorry, this is really Kyle but I'm on Kathryn's computer.

farnsworthfamily said...

you guys look so cute together. it is so crazy how time flys by hope you have a great time. we love and miss you tons. mariah and family

Janice Twitchell said...

Oh Trist! That brings back fun memories! That was such a fun trip! Even if you had an embarrassing moment! We need to hang out again!

Anonymous said...

TRISTER!!! O my goodness how are you doing??? I haven't seen you in so long I miss you!! I think about how your doing all the time! So how are you doing lol You and your husband look sooo cute together i'm so glad you are happy!! Well write me back a want to know everything!!!

Kortnie said...

You guys looked so young in those pictures! what have you done to age sooooo much. Just kidding I had to read the blog to find out that they were taken years ago. Congratulations on 4 years! We should get together so I know what you look like again.