Wednesday, January 14, 2009

NFR!!!


So another part of our christmas present from Rusty's mom and dad is that every year we get to go the first three nights of the Las Vegas NFR (National Finals Rodeo). They pay for the motel and the tickets. All of his sisters and spouses come to, but none of the kids get to go. It is one of the funnest things that we get to do all year... Yes I can say "spoiled." And to Marty and Ethel, I can say "Thank You for such a great present".


This is ONLY REBA MCENTIRE
Singing the National Anthem as the Show was about to begin.

Funny Story: Every year they have these large horses just outside of the rodeo. You can go and see them before & after the show starts. Well in the year of 2007, we were outside walking around to the different things and were looking and petting these horses. This lady was standing with the horse next to us and as we looked over she was tipping a bottle of Budweiser toward this horse saying "you deserve this for all of your hard work". Well not wanting to be rude, the horse thankfully guzzled all of the bottle of beer!!! We laughed and laughed, he sure was feelin' good that night for the show.

This is Rusty's Sport, the Calf Roping...

This is Trista's Sport, the Barrel Racing...

And Finally, this is the new 2008 World Champion Saddle Bronc Rider: Cody Wright from Milford, Utah. We have been cheering for Cody at the last 6 NFR's. We know him as a family friend and it was finally his year...

Way to go Cody!

7 comments:

Kyle and Janell said...

That is pretty awesome Trista! I'd like to take Janell down to the NFR sometime.

Lance and Nikki said...

that looks fun trista! will you teach me to be a barrel racer?

Errol and Megan said...

Awesome, so when are you taking me? I love you!!! Errol and I are probably coming down for Valentine weekend! Do you know of anyone that you trust to watch our kids? Dad wants to go out to dinner and I would rather not have to take them!!! I'm so excited to see you lots of love!!!

Sylvia said...

Looks like tons of FUN! I wish that my in laws would buy me NFR tickets for christmas :)

Keiauni said...

Hey there! Looks like a blast!
Love ya.

Adam and Sarah said...

I know! We totally need to take a weekend and come down there! If only Adam could get days off easily! :( Maybe when he gets his scheduled vacation weeks back we could take some time and visit you guys. And in the mean time... you all should come on over Tooele County for a visit. I know it's not truly exciting but you have ME in Stansbury and your bro in Tooele -- not such bad company, eh?

Ty and Janene said...

Looks like fun we miss ya I feel like we haven't seen you for ever!