Tuesday, November 17, 2009

OKAY!!!! I am so Flippin' excited for tomorrow, I think that I am just going to go crazy before I found out what the baby is, and I really can't even believe that it is already here!!! CRAZY!!!! So for math today, First graders have to learn about graphs. I asked them "Has anyone noticed that my belly is starting to get bigger?" And of course they are so honest and were shaking their head yes! I said " I have noticed because hardly any of my pants fit me anymore." And so I asked them "Why would my belly be growing?" and only a couple of the kids in my class already knew the reason, so I told the class that I was pregnant and the tomorrow I am going to go to the doctor and find out if I am going to have a baby boy, or a baby girl. So I gave them all a sticky note and asked them "If your mom was going to have another baby, would you want to have a baby sister, or a baby brother?" then I explained that if they wanted a baby brother that they should vote for a boy, and if they wanted a baby sister then they should vote for a girl. They then wrote their vote on the sticky note and got to come and put it up on the board, so that it looked like a bar graph.

So the Result........ 17 voted for Boy and 10 voted for Girl! So we will have to see what happens.


Funny things that kids say: The one boy in my class "Teacher will you bring the baby tomorrow to class and let us see it?" So then I had to tell them that I would have the baby AFTER Easter. We then had to go through all of the holidays in order from today, until Easter, and I told them that my belly would just keep growing and growing. So it was a really fun math lesson today, and I thought that you guys would enjoy hearing it!


P.S. I have decided not to tell anybody what we are going to have, only Rusty and I are going to know. That way it will be a fun suprise for somebody!

2 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

Cute lesson! But that is just cruel! But I can understand because I didn't tell anyone what Kagen was going to be named. Good luck tomorrow!!

Kyle and Janell said...

What the @#%!*#$%#@ (I don't what word that would be but anyway...) do you mean you're not telling us what it is! I'll get it out of you somehow. Congrats and good luck today! Luv ya.